March 12 - 15, 2018
Monday, March 12, 2018
Workshops will be held on Monday before the Hackathon starts to bring participants up to speed with specifics on development platforms, headset platforms, software tools, and design. This approach helps designers and developers learn what they need to contribute to their teams' development project.
- 9am - 5pm: Enabling Workshops (design, development, platform, domain-specific)
- 6pm - 8pm: Welcome Dinner
- 8:30 - 9pm: Team Formation
- 9 - 11:59pm: Ideation & Building
Days 2 - 3
Hackathon and Judging,
Monday evening, March 12, 2018 - Wednesday, March 14, 2018
The Hackathon will begin Monday evening after team formation and end on Wednesday morning before judging. Participants will build all day Tuesday and Wednesday. The Hackathon is the main event: newly created teams will work together to create something that's never been seen before.
- 9pm, Monday: Hackathon Opens
- 9pm - 11:59pm, Monday: Hackathon Building
- 8am - 11:59pm, Tuesday: Hackathon Building
- 8am - 11:59pm, Wednesday: Hackathon Building
- 11:59pm, Wednesday: Hackathon Closes
AR|VR Research Symposium,
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Thursday morning, teams will present their projects for the first time to the judges. Simultaneously, industry and academic experts will present research on the future of AR|VR during our Research Symposium. The Symnposium is open to all attendees and will cover a range of topics, including development, industrial adoptions, and consumer adoption. Finalists will then present to a new panel of judges comprised of the leading technologists, designers, and business leaders. Prizes will be awarded based on creativity, originality, and project demonstration.
judging & REASEARCH
- 9am - 2pm: Team Presentations to Judges, Round 1
- 9am - 2pm: AR|VR Research Symposium
- 2pm - 4pm: Team Presentations to Judges, Round 2
- 4pm- 6pm: Awards & Closing